Peter and Louisa van Loon emigrated to Australia from Holland with their seven children in 1958. In 1965 they purchased 5 acres of land in Wallington on the Bellarine Peninsula. They quickly established a retail nursery, and soon after, a wholesale nursery, which grew into a large operation. Peter and Louisa's sons, Herman, Lou and Tony, joined the business in the early 70's and the nursery continued a rapid expansion.
In 1985 a decision was made to close the wholesale side of the business and concentrate on the hectic retail side. The nursery was given a complete re-build into a large modern and progressive complex. Van Loon's continued to flourish and in the early 90's Tony became sole proprietor. The nursery has had many more improvements since those days including a café and large gift shop.
In July 2005 Tony was joined by Matt and Heidi in joint ownership of the nursery. Then in 2007 they took on full ownership as Tony & Marilyn retired, beginning a new and exciting chapter in Van Loon's Nursery long story.
Matt and Heidi are now the owners of Van Loon's Nursery and are responsible for much of the buying and daily running of the business. We have a fabulous customer service team with many extremely well qualified and experienced staff members. Please feel free to approach any of them with garden queries.
Van Loon's has won several prestigious awards:
BEST LARGE GARDEN CENTRE IN VICTORIA 2010 & 2011, BEST LARGE GARDEN CENTRE IN AUSTRALIA 2010 & 2011.