You are here :: History
Peter and Louisa van Loon emigrated to Australia from Holland with their seven children in 1958. In 1965 they purchased 5 acres of land in Wallington on the Bellarine Peninsula. They quickly established a retail nursery, and soon after, a wholesale nursery, which grew into a large operation. Peter and Louisa's sons, Herman, Lou and Tony, joined the business in the early 70's and the nursery continued a rapid expansion.
In 1985 a decision was made to close the wholesale side of the business and concentrate on the hectic retail side. The nursery was given a complete re-build into a large modern and progressive complex. Van Loon's continued to flourish and in the early 90's Tony became sole proprietor. The nursery has had many more improvements since those days including a café and large gift shop.
Tony & Marilyn van Loon retired in 2007 and Heidi & Philip Martin are now the proud owners of Van Loon's Nursery.
Van Loon's has won several prestigious awards:
BEST LARGE GARDEN CENTRE IN VICTORIA 2010, 2011 & 2012, BEST LARGE GARDEN CENTRE IN AUSTRALIA 2010, 2011 & 2012. NURSERY & GARDEN INDUSTRY HALL OF FAME 2013-2015